Looking for a job?
As an innovative company, SkylineDx is continuously seeking for ambitious colleagues with an academic and/or industrial background that are passionate about our mission.
- Student Internships Oncogenomics & Bioinformatics at SkylineDx
Student Internships Oncogenomics & Bioinformatics at SkylineDx
We are passionate about the well-being of people. As scientists we believe that investing in smarter ways to look at data is the key to delivering personalized medicine to patients (Ubels J. et al. Nat Comm 2018). We have a highly specialized team of science and business people that constantly consider the patient perspective, the science, health economics and business as a whole. It remains an urgent need in many diseases – including cancer - to deliver better and meaningful medical solutions.
The internship will focus on integrating and analysing data to learn but also to build further methods and perhaps identify or verify biomarkers with high potential in the clinic. We will be happy to suggest topics but also to discuss methods and disease areas of your interest. We will assign you a supervisor to maximize your learning opportunity.
During your internship you
· Evaluate, collect, and curate relevant data
· Perform integration of multiple data sources
· Learn and perform machine learning and statistical analyses
· Interpret data and report the results
· Participate in our Journal Club
· Participate in scientific meetings (internal and external)
We look for motivated and smart people who have a desire to learn and discover new things. You can be a BSc or MSc student
The term of the internship would ideally be 6 months or more.
Preferably you are/have
· beyond start level in bioinformatics and statistics
· knowledgeable in R, Matlab, Python, C/C++, or other programming languages with proven records of good programming and documentation styles
· good communication skills in English
· a team worker with collaboration skills
· a good understanding of genetics and cell biology
· enjoying to work with big data volume
We invite you to send a motivation letter and your resume to:
email@example.com at the attention of Erik van Beers PhD, (Oncogenomics) or
Martin van Vliet PhD, (Bioinformatics)
Besides the internships, we do not have any open vacancies at the moment.