News and press releases
SkylineDx Receives Notice of Allowance to Grant Patent for Prognostic SKY92 Gene Signature in Japan
The Japanese Patent Office Has Notified SkylineDx of the Decision to Grant a Patent for the SKY92 Gene Signature
Rotterdam, the Netherlands, Laguna Hills, CA, Tokyo, Japan, October 11, 2016 - SkylineDx is pleased to announce that it has received a notice of allowance for a Japanese patent related to its prognostic SKY92 gene signature for multiple myeloma. The announcement comes as SkylineDx prepares to attend the 78th Annual Meeting of the Japanese Society of Hematology (JSH2016) in Pacifico Yokohama, October 13 -15, 2016.
The SKY92 signature consists of 92 genes that are informative of outcome related to multiple myeloma, the combined expression level of which can be measured using MMprofiler, the lead product of SkylineDx. Clinicians can use MMprofiler with SKY92 results to predict for their patients how multiple myeloma is likely to progress and assist with determining the optimal treatment for the patient.
The patent is part of a larger patent family, since SkylineDx has sought broad patent protection for the SKY92 gene signature. The patent was originally filed by the Erasmus Medical Center in 2012, upon discovery of SKY92 within the hematology department. Later, SKY92 was licensed exclusively to SkylineDx, which now solely has the global rights to the gene signature.
“SkylineDx is pleased to have received this notice of allowance from the Japanese Patent Office for our SKY92 gene signature, which is another step forward in our mission to provide clinicians with the tools needed to help personalize treatment plans.” said Dharminder S. Chahal, Chief Executive Officer of SkylineDx. “With a number of our patents already granted worldwide, this patent in Japan is yet another key milestone in our commercial efforts to expand our global presence.”
About Multiple Myeloma
Multiple myeloma (MM) is a cancer that arises from plasma cells, a type of white blood cell made in the bone marrow. In patients with MM, the plasma cells become abnormal, multiply uncontrollably, and release only one type of antibody – known as M-protein – which has no useful function. It is often through the measurement of M-protein that MM is diagnosed and monitored. Most medical problems related to MM are caused by the build-up of abnormal plasma cells in the bone marrow and the presence of the M-protein in the blood or urine. The most common symptoms of MM include bone pain, recurring infection, kidney damage, and fatigue. According to the World Cancer Research Fund International, an estimated 114,000 people around the world are diagnosed with MM annually, and the disease represents 0.8% of all cancers globally.
For more information about MM, visit www.hematon.nl/myeloom (information available in Dutch only), www.themmrf.org, www.myeloma.org.uk, www.mpeurope.org, www.myeloma.org, and www.jsm.gr.jp.
MMprofiler with SKY92 is the only gene-based signature proven superior to the biomarkers currently used to risk stratify newly diagnosed and relapsed multiple myeloma patients into a “high” or “standard” risk category1. MMprofiler is CE-IVD registered and available in Europe and is coming soon as a laboratory developed test (LDT) in the United States.
For more information, please visit www.mmprofiler.com.
SkylineDx is a commercial-stage biotech company based in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. Originally a spin-off of the Erasmus Medical Center in Rotterdam, the company specializes in the development and marketing of innovative gene signature based diagnostic tests to assist healthcare professionals in making personalized treatment decisions for individual patients. These tests are designed to accurately determine the type or status of the disease or to predict a patient’s response to a specific treatment. Based on the test results, healthcare professionals can tailor the treatment to the individual patient. MMprofiler is the company’s lead product. To learn more, please visit www.skylinedx.com.
Media Inquiries for SkylineDx
Jeffrey Jones, SkylineDx
John Kouten, JFK Communications, Inc.
1. Van Beers EH, et al. SKY92 GEP, iFISH, and ISS comparisons for risk stratification in multiple myeloma. Poster p661 presented at 2015 European Hematology Association Congress.
11 Oct 2017
26 Jul 2017
21 Jun 2017
10 Apr 2017
30 Nov 2016
SkylineDx Announces Multiple Studies Being Presented at the 58th Annual ASH Meeting Reinforcing Utility of MMprofiler™ Gene-Based Prognostic Signature to Impact Treatment of Patients with Multiple Myeloma
11 Oct 2016
04 Oct 2016
31 May 2016
08 Mar 2016
01 Dec 2015
25 Nov 2015
08 Sep 2015
19 Aug 2015
02 Jul 2015
08 Jun 2015
17 Feb 2015
11 Nov 2014
06 Nov 2014
14 Oct 2014
22 May 2014
06 Mar 2014
- SkylineDx Announces Prognostic Tool to be Used as Part of Major New Myeloma Clinical Trial
- SkylineDx Researchers Publish Data Demonstrating Utility of SKY92 as Prognostic Tool in Multiple Myeloma (MM)
- SkylineDx Presented New Algorithm Demonstrating Ability to Successfully Identify Gene Sets that are Informative of Cancer Treatment Specific Survival
- SkylineDx Announces Multiple Studies Being Presented at the 58th Annual ASH Meeting Reinforcing Utility of MMprofiler™ Gene-Based Prognostic Signature to Impact Treatment of Patients with Multiple Myeloma
- SkylineDx Receives Notice of Allowance to Grant Patent for Prognostic SKY92 Gene Signature in Japan
- SkylineDx and Consortium of Leading European Partners awarded multi-million Euro Horizon2020 grant from European Commission
- SkylineDx to Present New Data Demonstrating MMprofiler™ as Robust Prognostic Tool in Multiple Myeloma at the European Hematology Association 21st Annual Congress (EHA)
- SkylineDx Supports Myeloma Awareness Month to Raise Awareness of a Serious and Difficult to Treat Disease
- SkylineDx to Present New Data Demonstrating Prognostic Value of MMprofiler™ in Multiple Myeloma at American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting
- SkylineDx Receives CE-IVD Mark for MMprofiler™ Its Innovative Gene Signature-Based Test for Multiple Myeloma
- SKY92-ISS Superior to current markers in risk classification for myeloma survival
- SkylineDx appoints Leonard Kruimer as CFO Peter Schineller as CCO
- More Accurate Prediction on Prognosis in Multiple Myeloma (bone marrow cancer)
- SkylineDx Presents an Abstract on Risk Identification for Multiple Myeloma Patients at the 20th Congress of the EHA
13 Sep 2017 - 16 Sep 2017, Houston, TX, USA
Society of Hematologic Oncology - 2017 Annual Meeting
SkylineDx will be represented at the SOHO Annual Meeting by Lindsay Kelly, Field Application Specialist..
26 Sep 2017 - 26 Sep 2017, Prague, Czech Republic
Translational Medicine '17
At Translation Medicine '17, Dharminder Chahal, CEO of SkylineDx, will be leading Workshop A: Translating biomarkers into in-vitro diagnostics.
04 Oct 2017 - 05 Oct 2017, Maison du Savoir at Campus Belval, Luxembourg
4th International Systems Biomedicine Symposium: Impact of big data analytics on healthcare
SkylineDx will be represented at this symposium by Martin van Vliet, EVP Bioinformatics and Product Development.
06 Oct 2017 - 07 Oct 2017, San Francisco, CA, USA
NCCN 11th Annual Congress: Hematologic Malignancies
SkylineDx will be represented at the NCCN 11th Annual Congress: Hematologic Malignancies by Patricia Murphy, Regional Business Manager, The Americas, and Rosanna Santos, Global Product Manager.
26 Oct 2017 - 27 Oct 2017, Porto, Portugal
Biotech Pharma Summit
SkylineDx EVP of Commercial Operations, Jeffrey Jones, will give a presentation related to overcoming challenges in the global commercialization of novel biomarkers at the Biotech Pharma Summit.
04 Nov 2017 - 08 Nov 2017, Glasgow, Scotland
International Society for Pharmacoeconomics & Outcomes Research (ISPOR) 20th Annual European Congress
SkylineDx will be represented at this conference by Jennifer Gaultney, PhD, MPH with Mapi, who will give a health economics presentation related to MMprofiler with SKY92.
09 Nov 2017 - 10 Nov 2017, Leiden, The Netherlands
6th European Scientific Foundation of Laboratory Hemato Oncology (ESLHO) Symposium on
SkylineDx will be represented at this ESLHO meeting by Erik van Beers, VP, Genomics, and Jolien van Leijen, Account Manager, Benelux.
16 Nov 2017 - 18 Nov 2017, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Association for Molecular Pathology (AMP) Global Congress on Molecular Pathology
SkylineDx will be represented at the AMP Global Congress on Molecular Pathology by Lindsay Kelly, Field Application Specialist.
22 Nov 2017 - 22 Nov 2017, Oss, The Netherlands
Dutch Life Sciences Conference
At the 13th edition of the Dutch Life Sciences conference, Dharminder Chahal, CEO of SkylineDx, will be speaking on early stage diagnostics in healthcare.
09 Dec 2017 - 12 Dec 2017, Atlanta, GA, USA
American Society of Hematology - 59th Annual Meeting & Exposition
SkylineDx will be represented at the ASH 59th Annual Meeting by the Executive, Commercial, Business Development and Operations teams. Please visit us at the SkylineDx booth # 2047;