News and press releases
SkylineDx Poster Presentations at ASH Meeting Further Validate Use of MMprofiler™ with SKY92 in Multiple Myeloma
First Validation of SKY92 Prognostic Signature in Bortezomib-Thalidomide-Dexamethasone (VTD) Setting
Additional Data Yield Key Insights into Biology of Multiple Myeloma and Inform Design of Myeloma UK (MUK) Nine OPTIMUM Trial
Rotterdam, the Netherlands and Laguna Hills, CA, December 5, 2017 – SkylineDx today announced the presentation of new data at the 59th Annual Meeting and Exposition of the American Society of Hematology (ASH) in Atlanta, Georgia, that further validate the use of MMprofiler™ with SKY92, the company’s prognostic tool to risk-stratify patients with multiple myeloma (MM).
The following MMprofiler™ with SKY92 datasets will be presented in ASH poster session 651: Myeloma – Biology and Pathophysiology, excluding Therapy: Poster III, at the Georgia World Congress Center, Building A, Level 1, Hall A2, on Monday, December 11, from 6-8pm ET:
• Abstract 4358: Erik H. Van Beers, SkylineDx
MMprofiler with SKY92 Combined with ISS Identifies High and Low Risk Multiple Myeloma in the VTD Arm of GIMEMA-MMY-3006
- SkylineDx researchers will present the first report of the SKY92-based risk score in newly diagnosed multiple myeloma (NDMM) patients receiving the first-line combination regimen of bortezomib (Velcade®), thalidomide, and dexamethasone (VTD). The findings reportedly strengthen the prognostic power of SKY92 gene signature in yet another dataset, and support the rationale for using MMprofiler in combination with molecular genetic risk profiling to facilitate evaluation of risk-stratified treatment approaches in MM.
• Abstract 4368: Davine Hofste op Bruinink, Erasmus Medical Center Cancer Institute
The Level of Circulating Myeloma Cells at Diagnosis Correlates with a Plasma Cell Leukemia-like Phenotype of the Corresponding Myeloma Cells in Bone Marrow
- Independent researchers will present data from a study in which SKY92 high-risk (HR-SKY92) score yielded key insights into the importance of circulating tumor cells (CTCs) in the biology of MM. The researchers surmise that they are the first to describe a differential gene expression profile between MM samples with a high CTC load versus a normal CTC load, adding that their findings point the way toward further analysis of the biological changes that occur during disease progression from MM to plasma cell leukemia (PCL).
In addition, the following dataset will be presented on Saturday, December 9, from 5:30-7:30pm ET, as part of ASH poster session 651: Myeloma – Biology and Pathophysiology, excluding Therapy: Poster I (also at the Georgia World Congress Center, Building A, Level 1, Hall A2):
• Abstract 1767: Amy L. Sherborne, The Institute of Cancer Research
Improving outcomes for patients with high-risk multiple myeloma via prospective trial evidence: The Myeloma UK Nine Optimum Trial
- Investigators will provide a preview of the Myeloma UK (MUK) nine OPTIMUM trial, which will compare outcomes with the combination of daratumumab, cyclophosphamide, Velcade, lenalidomide, and dexamethasone (DCVRd) against control data from the UK NCRI Myeloma XI trial, in which MMprofiler™ with SKY92 was used to risk-stratify patients’ tumors. The OPTIMUM trial, one of the first trials designed to provide comparative evidence for stratified treatment of patients with high-risk MM (HRMM), has regulatory approval and is scheduled to start in late 2017 in 22 hospitals of the Myeloma UK Clinical Trial Network.
“With proof of principle firmly established in numerous treatment settings, it is gratifying to have further validation of MMprofiler with SKY92 in the VTD setting, and to gain such important insights into signalling pathways in multiple myeloma,” said Dharminder S. Chahal, Chief Executive Officer of SkylineDx. “With two datasets enhancing our understanding of the biology behind multiple myeloma, and with a third dataset informing the design of what promises to be a landmark trial, the ASH data
presentations showcase how MMprofiler with SKY92 may ultimately inform therapeutic decisionmaking for patients living with this devastating disease.”
For more information on MMprofiler™ with SKY92, including the three datasets presented at ASH, visit the SkylineDx booth (#2047) in the ASH Exhibit Hall at the Georgia World Congress Center Building B, Level 1, Halls B2-B4.
About Multiple Myeloma
Multiple myeloma (MM) is a cancer that arises from plasma cells, a type of white blood cell made in
the bone marrow. In patients with MM, the plasma cells become abnormal, multiply uncontrollably, and release only one type of antibody – known as M-protein – which has no useful function. According to the World Cancer Research Fund International, an estimated 114,000 people around the world are diagnosed with MM annually, and the disease represents 0.8% of all cancers globally.
For more information about MM, visit www.hematon.nl/myeloom (information available in Dutch only),
www.themmrf.org, www.myeloma.org.uk, www.mpeurope.org, or www.myeloma.org.
About MMprofiler™ with SKY92
MMprofiler™ assesses risk by measuring the activity of 92 MM-related genes that comprise SKY92, SkylineDx’s novel, prognostic gene classifier. The lead product of SkylineDx, MMprofiler™ is proven to be superior to the biomarkers currently used to risk-stratify newly diagnosed and relapsed multiple myeloma patients into a “high” or “standard” risk category.1 Included in a growing number of international treatment guidelines, MMprofiler™ is CE-IVD registered in Europe and will be coming soon as a laboratory-developed test (LDT) in the United States. For more information, please visit www.mmprofiler.com.
SkylineDx is a commercial-stage biotech company based in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. Originally a
spin-off of the Erasmus Medical Center in Rotterdam, the company specializes in the development
and marketing of innovative gene signature-based prognostic tests to assist healthcare professionals
in making personalized treatment decisions for individual patients. These tests are designed to
accurately determine the type or status of the disease or to predict a patient’s response to a specific
treatment. Based on the test results, healthcare professionals can tailor the treatment to the individual
patient. MMprofiler with SKY92 is the company’s lead product. To learn more, please visit
# # #
Media Inquiries for SkylineDx
Jeffrey Jones, SkylineDx
1 Van Beers EH, van Vliet M, de Best L, et al. SKY92 GEP, iFISH, and ISS comparisons for risk stratification in multiple myeloma. Poster p661 presented at 20th European Hematology Association Congress, Vienna, Austria, June 13, 2015.
30 Jul 2018
13 Jun 2018
31 Jan 2018
05 Dec 2017
13 Nov 2017
11 Oct 2017
26 Jul 2017
21 Jun 2017
10 Apr 2017
30 Nov 2016
SkylineDx Announces Multiple Studies Being Presented at the 58th Annual ASH Meeting Reinforcing Utility of MMprofiler™ Gene-Based Prognostic Signature to Impact Treatment of Patients with Multiple Myeloma
11 Oct 2016
04 Oct 2016
31 May 2016
08 Mar 2016
01 Dec 2015
25 Nov 2015
08 Sep 2015
19 Aug 2015
02 Jul 2015
08 Jun 2015
17 Feb 2015
11 Nov 2014
06 Nov 2014
14 Oct 2014
22 May 2014
06 Mar 2014
- Groundbreaking algorithm predicts best treatment for cancer patient
- Baanbrekend algoritme voorspelt beste behandeling kankerpatiënt
- Machine learning algorithm predicts treatment response in MM
- SkylineDx Poster Presentations at EHA Meeting Further Validate Use of MMprofilerTM with SKY92 in Multiple Myeloma
- SkylineDx Inks Joint Development Agreement with Mayo Clinic to Develop Diagnostic Tests for Melanoma
- SkylineDx Poster Presentations at ASH Meeting Further Validate Use of MMprofiler™ with SKY92 in Multiple Myeloma
- SKY92 Gene Signature Facilitates Cost-effective, Risk-stratified Treatment of Multiple Myeloma
- SkylineDx Announces Prognostic Tool to be Used as Part of Major New Myeloma Clinical Trial
- SkylineDx Researchers Publish Data Demonstrating Utility of SKY92 as Prognostic Tool in Multiple Myeloma (MM)
- SkylineDx Presented New Algorithm Demonstrating Ability to Successfully Identify Gene Sets that are Informative of Cancer Treatment Specific Survival
- SkylineDx Announces Multiple Studies Being Presented at the 58th Annual ASH Meeting Reinforcing Utility of MMprofiler™ Gene-Based Prognostic Signature to Impact Treatment of Patients with Multiple Myeloma
- SkylineDx Receives Notice of Allowance to Grant Patent for Prognostic SKY92 Gene Signature in Japan
- SkylineDx and Consortium of Leading European Partners awarded multi-million Euro Horizon2020 grant from European Commission
- SkylineDx to Present New Data Demonstrating MMprofiler™ as Robust Prognostic Tool in Multiple Myeloma at the European Hematology Association 21st Annual Congress (EHA)
- SkylineDx Supports Myeloma Awareness Month to Raise Awareness of a Serious and Difficult to Treat Disease
- SkylineDx to Present New Data Demonstrating Prognostic Value of MMprofiler™ in Multiple Myeloma at American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting
- SkylineDx Receives CE-IVD Mark for MMprofiler™ Its Innovative Gene Signature-Based Test for Multiple Myeloma
- SKY92-ISS Superior to current markers in risk classification for myeloma survival
- SkylineDx appoints Leonard Kruimer as CFO Peter Schineller as CCO
- More Accurate Prediction on Prognosis in Multiple Myeloma (bone marrow cancer)
- SkylineDx Presents an Abstract on Risk Identification for Multiple Myeloma Patients at the 20th Congress of the EHA
15 Aug 2018 - 18 Aug 2018, Sydney, Australia
World Congress on the Cancers of the Skin
SkylineDx will be represented at this Congress by Dharminder Chahal, CEO, and Nicky Rijk-Vogels, EVP, Global Business Development.
12 Sep 2018 - 15 Sep 2018, Hilton Americas, Houston Texas, USA
Society of Hematologic Oncology (SOHO) Annual Meeting
SkylineDx will be represented at this meeting by Patricia Murphy, Regional Business Manager, The Americas, and Arielle Ginsberg, Senior Field Application Specialist.
05 Oct 2018 - 07 Oct 2018, Mandelieu, France
European School of Haematology (ESH) 4th International Conference on Multiple Myeloma
SkylineDx will be represented at this conference by Arjan van Manen, Regional Business Manager, EU.
19 Oct 2018 - 23 Oct 2018, Messe Munich, Munich, Germany
European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) 2018 Congress
SkylineDx will be represented at this congress by Arjan van Manen, Regional Business Manager, EU.
01 Dec 2018 - 04 Dec 2018, San Diego Convention Center, San Diego, California, USA
American Society of Hematology (ASH) Annual Meeting
SkylineDx will be represented at this meeting by members of the Commercial, Operations, Business Development and Executive teams.